As a reminder, if you are in need of a police report from the Sheriff’s Office, you MUST fill out a records request form and show an I.D. This is required by Colorado State Statute before any records can be given, even if you are listed on the report. This form can be filled out at the Sheriff’s Office prior to receiving the documents. The request can also be emailed to you upon request.
The Conejos County Sheriff's Office is dedicated and committed to working with the community to make the County of Conejos a safe and desirable place to live, work, and visit. Our mission is to partner with the community to solve problems and improve public safety in a manner that is fair, impartial, transparent, and consistent.
INTEGRITY: We are committed to the enforcement of laws and the preservation of order and property. We are honest, truthful, and consistent in our words and actions, and therefore worthy of public's trust.
PROFESSIONALISM: We treat the public and our colleagues with courtesy and respect. We understand that our appearance, words, and demeanor contribute to the public's confidence in us.
EMPATHY: We have compassion for victims of crime. As members of the community, we have respect for and promote the diversity of the community.
Conejos County Sheriff's Office
Conejos County Sheriff's Office Visiting Guidelines
Our Office Will Adhere to Covid-19 Restrictions
• As of April 19, 2021 the Conejos County Sheriff's Office will resume our Inmate Visits.
• Visits will take place on Saturdays and Sundays. Females (9:00am-12:00pm) Males (1:00pm-4:00pm)
• 15 min Maximum time limit per visitor.
• 3 visitors Maximum per Inmate.
• Appointment Only/ Visitors must call ahead of time to reserve a time slot.
• Only 1 person in the Lobby at a time, you must wait outside the Office while not visiting.
• You MUST wear a mask while in the Sheriff's Office.
• Failure to adhere to these guidelines could result in no visitation.
Concealed Carry Permits
TO: Applicants for concealed carry handgun permits
The following is a list of items that you will need to have completed prior to receiving a Concealed Carry Handgun Permit from the Conejos County Sheriff's Office. There is no exact time line on receiving a CCHP, as this depends on the background and fingerprint checks done by the CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigations.)
- An application, completely filled out, which you can pick up at the Conejos County Sheriff's Office. You will need to have the application signed in front of a notary public, which is available at the CCSO, during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- A copy of your driver's license.
- Proof of a handgun training course. These will be verified to make sure the training is legitimate and through a respected instructor. We do NOT accept Hunter Safety Cards as training! Due to state statute, we cannot accept courses that are taken online.
- Your fingerprints will need to be taken at the CCSO by appointment only. If you are renewing your CCHP, and have already had your fingerprints taken, you will not have to go through this process again!
- A MONEY ORDER made out to CBI in the amount of $52.50, to process your fingerprints and complete the background check! If you are renewing your CCHP, you will need a MONEY ORDER made out to CBI in the amount of $13.00. NO CASH OR CHECKS ARE ACCEPTED!!
- When fingerprints are completed, they will be sent to CBI for processing. If this application is for renewal only, your completed notarized application will be sent to CBI. As explained before, there is not a time line on receiving your CCHP. This will depend on CBI.
Once your fingerprints and background have been processed by CBI and you have received clearance, the Conejos County Sheriff's Office will notify you and make arrangements for you to come in and pick up your CCHP.
Beginning February 1st, 2019 Sheriff Crowther will be lowering the concealed weapon permit fees for Conejos County citizens from $50.00 to $10.00 Sheriff Crowther feels the price will be made affordable for all Conejos County citizens for both renewal and new permits.
PO Box 37
Conejos, CO 81129
14044 CO RD G.5
Antonito, Colorado 81120
Phone: (719) 376-2196
Fax: (719) 376-2557
Jail: (719) 376-6778